pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: How to filter spam from Gmane?

From: Lenny_Nero
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: How to filter spam from Gmane?
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:30:35 +0000

Beartooth said

> but that didn't look any better. I looked into
> gmane.comp.gnome.apps.epiphany (the one I want a spamfilter for) -- but
> it was all in some incommprehensible format.
>
> So I son't know *how* to insert your
>

>>> %BOS
>>>     [gmane]
>>>     Score: =-5000
>>> %EOS
>>>

> from within Pan, and I don't know *where* to insert it from a command
> line. :-(

Sorry, I only read the pan list via gMane now and have had far too much
work to keep up, I dont use pan under slackware anymore but under windows
I have a K:/Pan dir that has my scores (old and new) and the filters and
any new code I am working on for it.

That is pointed to via pan's prefs then the apps & mail tab (end one) and
the score file for me is entered there. Or tools/edit score file and (for
me) it will open in vi[m] and I enter all my scores by hand.

I will be happy to help with your scores, but all that is needed is a
basic regular expression knowledge, search on SLRN & xnews score files.

I had started to write some Pan help files in this area and could look and
see if I still have the few pages I did ?

L.

--
Want to help to keep the best free usenet servers running ?
http://www.readfreenews.com