pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] increasing multiple tasks > 4

From: jef_e
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] increasing multiple tasks > 4
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:55:24 -0500

Byron Sonne wrote:

> If possible, I'd like to make a feature request that allows one to
> disable this functionality so that the whole 10 connection may be used.
> Default mode would be 'GNKSA' approved, of course.

It can be done, but you will have to compile Pan yourself.
In the pan source dir, look for pan/server-ui.c , change the value for
DEFAULT_MAX_PER_SERVER from 4 to 10.

I will note, though, that for me, Pan pretty much totally crushes my
bandwidth. It doesn't seem to matter whether I do 4 connections or 10,
things don't get here any faster. I'm either grabbing fewer parts more
quickly, or more parts more slowly.

But then, I'm just on 3.0/768 DSL. If you are on a nice fat connection,
YMMV :-)