pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: VDQ status log error messages

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: VDQ status log error messages
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 14:17:46 -0700

Beartooth SenectoFlatuloid posted
<address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on Fri,
09 Dec 2005 14:15:06 -0500:

> The status log often shows error messages which I don't begin to
> understand, and which it won't let me copy. So I can't post them to ask
> for a translation. Is there a place to look them up??

Well, it should let you /save/ the log, named as you wish.  You can then
open it your text editor of choice and copy from there.

Or, just copy it over by hand.

Or...  Run PAN from a terminal (xterm, gterm, konsole, aterm, whatever)
window.  It'll then spit out many of the errors to "stderr", which will at
that point be the terminal window, and you can copy them from there as you
would any other terminal window text.

I don't believe there's a place to look them up, no.  However, the
probable most common one, invalid or incomplete multibyte character, is a
known and long filed having to do with i18n (internationalization).
Perhaps it'll be fixed (or worth worrying about again if not) once the
next version comes out, whenever that  happens to be.  (There are a lot of
changes in CVS, so many and so big many of the bugs will no longer apply
altho I'm sure there'll be  many new ones, but no hint yet on when CVS
might become a new beta build.)