pan-users

[Pan-users] Pan in Fedora Extras

From: Michael A. Peters
Subject: [Pan-users] Pan in Fedora Extras
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 17:52:30 -0800

I maintain the pan rpm's in Fedora Extras for FC4

As some may be aware, Fedora Core dropped pan - since I use it and
nobody else was stepping up to maintain it, I decided to do it,
packaging 0.14.2.91.

FC5 is in the testing stages now - I don't have any open bugs against
pan that need resolving, but sometimes users don't report bugs to
bugzilla. Are there any specific issues people have been having with the
Fedora Extras packages?

Secondly - is there any kind of an upcoming snapshot or release?
I have not played with what is in CVS at all, but if there is a new
release anywhere near ready, then (and only then) I'd like to play with
it in the Fedora devel branch in case any issues with packaging it ASAP
after release (ie a build dependency not provided etc.) exist.

Finally - is anyone aware of a working patch to 0.14.2.91 that allows
use of smtp with authentication? It would be nice. I believe balsa does
it through an external library provided by libesmtp - I think evolution
does it through internal code. Pan doesn't seem to do it all, which is
too bad because a lot of smtp servers now want password authentication
before sending, including mine (mac.com).