pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] PAN suddenly refuses to get new messages

From: Tim Kynerd
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] PAN suddenly refuses to get new messages
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 18:38:28 +0200

On 22/10/2005 18:28, "Renan" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running the latest version of Pan on Ubuntu Linux 5.04 ("Hoary
> Hedgehog") with local news server (Leafnode).
> Today, suddenly Pan *refuses* to get new messages; I *know* they're
> here (I download then successfully with Mozilla Thunderbird) but Pan
> doesn't want to download.
>
> Please, does anybody knows how to fix it?
>
> Thanks!

I don't know how to fix it, but I would recommend a look at the Log Viewer
(under Tools in the main menu) to see what's happening when Pan attempts to
get new messages. If necessary, use Ctrl-Shift-U to initiate a fetch before
looking at the log.

If what you see there doesn't make sense to you, post it here (with
identifying information removed, I'd recommend) and perhaps we can help you
further.

Best,
Tim