pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Slow Responce, High Memory Usage

From: jef_e
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Slow Responce, High Memory Usage
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 22:28:25 -0400

Duncan wrote:

Exactly.  If you are the sort of person that likes compiling potentially
buggy software from CVS, PAN's CVS version has a number of improvements in
this area.  However, it's still quite CVS quality, at this point, with
several known instabilities and regressions to work thru, still (and I'm
not sure Charles is thru changing/adding features yet, either), before it
goes beta, let alone stable.

I finally gave it a try, and have to say that for my useage habits its probably at least 90% stable. I've found the occassional crash, and at least once it has just decided to stop downloading anything even though there were dozens of items queued.

But the improvement in handling the large groups more than makes up for some of these issues. So thanks to everyone who pointed me at giving it a try. As Duncan says, if you don't mind compiling, it's worth a shot :)

jef