pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: VDQ : can I post to two newsservers?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: VDQ : can I post to two newsservers?
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:30:35 -0700

Beartooth SenectoFlatuloid posted
<address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on Sat,
23 Jul 2005 14:02:39 -0400:

> OK, that's what I've been doing. But it means I can't set follow-ups. So
> should I at least point out in both places that the same question may be
> being discussed elsewhere? I've done that, but I felt weird doing it ....

Not necessary to feel weird.  Most on the list in particular should feel
much better about not having the additional spam that would likely come
from the public newsgroup posting.  Be glad you didn't make it work, or
you might be a bit unpopular with that list, now. =8^)

BTW, rule of thumb on followups (not for this specific instance, IOW,
since it won't work anyway), it's considered helpful to put something in
the body mentioning "FUP2 set" or the like, for those without readers that
warn them it's going elsewhere and that aren't paying attention.  A lot of
folks miss putting in that reminder, but it can be quite helpful in some
cases, since folks may not want to reply to all the FUP2 locations.