pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Scores not expiring

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Scores not expiring
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 17:25:46 -0700

Jim Henderson posted
<address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Tue, 07 Jun 2005 09:58:44 -0600:

> I was going to see about writing a quick Perl script to strip the old ones
> out, since I have a handful of permanent scores that I use, but a lot of
> expiring scores as well; but I wanted to make sure that what I was seeing
> wasn't abnormal behaviour.

I don't have enough expiring scores to be worth scripting (I think I had
three the last time I got bothered by the PAN log and decided to strip
them, and that was after a good three months, possibly six, since I'd
stripped them last), but that sounds very cool for those that do.

Once you get that script written and tested for you, you might consider
first posting it here for a few other users to try, then if you get good
feedback, create a bug with it attached, and suggest that Charles put it
in the "extras" dir, I think it was called, that holds copies of the misc
libraries and the like that folks might need.

For that matter, others have mentioned other scripts that might be useful
enough to do the same thing with, scripts that use the external editor
feature to GPG sign the messages, etc.  I've mentioned the idea of
creating one that'd do attachments, as well, but I've never gotten around
to actually looking into doing it.  Anyway, it'd be pretty neat to have a
"pan utilities" section of the website, that describes and links to
various such scripts for download -- with a disclaimer saying they are
user-supplied and not Charles' or PAN's responsibility, to be run at user
discretion after properly reviewing them, of course.