pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: after a PAN crash

From: Travis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: after a PAN crash
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 23:34:42 -0700

---- Original Message ----
From: "Lenroc" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 20:58
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: after a PAN crash

On Sat, 14 May 2005 12:58:13 -0700, Travis wrote:

Every once in awhile PAN crashes and when I start it back up all
the previously "read" articles come back as "unread".
[...]
Is this normal?

It is normal for messages that you read in a session that crashed
to not be marked as read.

Pan can't exactly write out to disk the articles that you read in a
session if it does not close properly.

It happens even if the articles were read 2 sessions ago.

Crashing isn't supposed to happen, though. Can you reproduce the
steps leading up to a crash?

All I know is that Pan is running in the background downloading a DVD and I am doing something else like reading e-mail with OE or reading different newsgroups with OE or looking at web pages with IE and/or Firefox and the Windows box pops up and says fatal error or some such and Pan.exe has to close and it does.

Thanks
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington