pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan config question -- or not?

From: Torstein Sunde
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan config question -- or not?
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 22:54:42 +0200

Duncan wrote:

> Well, there's no question about PAN fitting on an 800x600 screen, it
> doesn't.  [...]
> [...]
> The issue is the toolbar.  It's not configurable like most KDE app
> toolbars (one reason PAN is my only GTK app..).  What's there is
> there, and it takes a certain amount of pixels to display, period.
> [...]

That's not quite true.  The toolbar can be disabled by manually editing
~/.pan/config.xml.  It's also possible to disable only the text labels
in the toolbar, which should be enough to make Pan fit on 800x600.

I've replied to this previously on this list.  The archive seems to be
down, but I found my old reply here:
  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.apps.pan.user/4215

Note that sometimes some of the keys in config.xml can change.
Thus there's a chance that recent or older versions of Pan require
different keys.