pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Displaying both unread and specific messages

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Displaying both unread and specific messages
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 01:23:22 -0700

Adam Rubin posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:35:15 -0500:

> Hi, everyone!  I'm switching over to Linux and (of course) Pan.  What
> I'd like to do is to have the message pane display unread posts (new or
> old), but also display specific posts that I selected during my previous
> sessions.  I have Mozilla set to "display unread or labelled," but I
> can't seem to figure out how to do the equivalent with Pan.  Can anybody
> point me in the right direction?  Thanks in advance!

Lenroc's got it right.  You know how "m" is the hotkey normally assigned
to "mark read"?  I have "shift-m" set to "mark unread", and in the text
groups, use that to keep track of messages I want to go back to.

In the binaries, I delete everything when I'm done with it, either have it
saved or don't want to bother.  Thus, I use his delete method there.

There's one more work-around, however.  You can copy or move a message to
a folder (which you'd then access under folders, along with pan.sent and
pan.sendlater), to save it for later.  I haven't tried replying to one
from the folders, so I don't know if that can be done or not, but you can
certainly save the message there.  I don't use this solution personally,
preferring to either save the binary or entire post as separate files, or
for text groups where I want to save the message, I'll mail it to myself,
but it's possible to use the folders, and from the messages I've seen
posted here, quite a few users do so.