pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Feature Request: Plonk Author in the message pane contex

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Feature Request: Plonk Author in the message pane context menu
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 07:17:09 -0700

Dave Chand posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:16:56 -0500:

> It would be nice to have the option to plonk an author by selecting
> the post, then right clicking on it, then through the context menu
> plonk the post.

I'd find both that, and the mark-read/mark-unread options, quite useful in
the context menu for a post.  However, I have the mark-read/unread
functions as m/shift-m hotkeys, and that works quite well.  I don't really
use plonk author enough to have hotkeyed it, but I do use the "s" for
score frequently enough, as that opens the same dialog but without the
author and ignore preselected.

What I'm saying is that in the absence of the context menu items, try
hotkeys, which might be faster once you reassign ones you like (if
necessary), anyway.  Not everybody's favorite functions can be in the
context menu or it would be to large, but since everybody should be able
to set their own hotkeys, that's a pretty good alternative.