pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Latest changes

From: John Aldrich
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Latest changes
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:29:22 -0500

Ok... system is Fedora Core 3, full-install, all updates downloaded and
installed. I'm unable to compile the CVS version. I get the following errors:

Processing ./configure.in
Running glib-gettextize... Ignore non-fatal messages.
Copying file mkinstalldirs
Copying file po/Makefile.in.in

Please add the files
  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
  progtest.m4
from the /usr/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

Running intltoolize...
patching file po/Makefile.in.in
Running aclocal-1.4...
aclocal: configure.in: 138: macro `AM_ICONV' not found in library

What am I doing wrong? FWIW, it appears I don't have those *.m4 files, at
least not in the /usr/share/aclocal directory. I've located several of them
in various /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/ sub-directories and in the source trees of
various packages I've built/attempted to build, but not
in /usr/share/aclocal. Can someone tell me the appropriate RPM files to
install to get those required files?

Thanks.
 John