pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] testers needed -- and if you use alt.binaries, you *want

From: Brad Sims
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] testers needed -- and if you use alt.binaries, you *want* to try this...
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 17:54:36 -0600

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 2:42 pm, Charles Kerr wrote:
> I've been playing with it for a few days now and these gains seem to
> have no downside, so if anyone else wants to give it a spin, I'd very
> much like to get more people testing this out.

Ok this is weird... I tried to do the autogen.sh and it's
screaming thusly:

<begin error log>
address@hidden:~/pan$ ./autogen.sh
/usr/bin/gnome-autogen.sh
checking for autoconf >= 2.53...
  testing autoconf2.50... found 2.59
checking for automake >= 1.4...
  testing automake-1.4... not found.
***Error***: You must have automake >= 1.4 installed
  to build Pan.  Download the appropriate package for
  from your distribution or get the source tarball at
    http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/automake/automake-1.4.tar.gz

checking for glib-gettext >= 2.2.0...
  testing glib-gettextize... found 2.6.3
checking for intltool >= 0.30...
  testing intltoolize... found 0.33
checking for pkg-config >= 0.14.0...
  testing pkg-config... found 0.15.0
/usr/bin/gnome-autogen.sh: line 154: --print-ac-dir: command not found
Checking for required M4 macros...
  glib-gettext.m4 not found
  intltool.m4 not found
  pkg.m4 not found
Checking for forbidden M4 macros...
***Error***: some autoconf macros required to build Pan
  were not found in your aclocal path, or some forbidden
  macros were found.  Perhaps you need to adjust your
  ACLOCAL_FLAGS?
</end error log>

I have automake 1.7.9 installed via Debian Sid; and automake is where it
should be /usr/bin/automake... so what exactly is the problem? Do I need
to downgrade to automake 1.4.n?
--
"First read that as "steaming media."
 Makes sense that way too.'' -- Ron Parker