pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Feature request: edit whole message in external editor.

From: Lenroc
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Feature request: edit whole message in external editor.
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 16:19:55 -0700

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 18:05:16 +0100, Laurent Fousse wrote:

> I'd like to be able to edit the whole message including headers when
> composing a forward. I would then be able to delete/edit those
> headers, or add some.

Currently, as far as I can tell, the best Pan can do is edit the message
body in a separate editor.

What control, specifically, are you missing over the headers using Pan's
native UI? What is it you want to delete? (Keep in mind that Pan is proud
of it's Good Net-Keeping Seal of Approval, which mandates certain headers...)

If you just want to add headers, you can do that natively, though not in
an external editor.

Allowing external editors to have access to the headers would open up a
whole barrel of worms. In order to keep it's GNKSA, Pan would have to
validate the headers the external editor presented to it.

Again, what is it specifically that you want to do, but can't natively in
Pan?

--
Lenroc