pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Trouble configuring Pan 0.11.4

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Trouble configuring Pan 0.11.4
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 02:54:23 -0700

Geek posted
<address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Tue, 08 Feb 2005 23:38:47 -0800:

> Problem lies within Debian - I noticed lines 9091, 9092 and 9093 of
> configure look for "xml-config". In Debian, the file is named
> "xml2-config" and for some reson, "xml-config" was stripped from the
> Debian package of libxml1 (the source version contains it).

That'd do it.  Note that the reason Debian may call it xml2-config is to
prevent mixups with a 1.x version.  That's the usual reason to do things
like that.

> I made a symlink "xml-config" and pointed it to "xml2-config" and Pan's
> configure found and OK'd 2.4.19

You should be OK until you do something that might assume the symlink you
added points to the 1.x version...  (Of course, the 1.x version might not
have an xml-config, with xml2-config just being for clarification, but
anyway...)

So... just keep in mind what you did to fix this problem, as you might
have to /undo/ it to fix another problem, somewhere else, some time in the
future.  =8^)

> Sorry if this message ends up out of sequence, I am not getting the mail
> list emails - I have to read them from the web :-(

OUCH!  I read them and reply using gmane's list2news gateway, so I can use
PAN to do it.  =8^)  I read mail every few days but often update my
newsgroups, including the gmane list groups, twice or more a day.  That
works fine until you can't get to the PAN list to get help with a PAN
problem. =8^(  Or... someone from my ISP and city was abusing gmane at one
point, so gmane banned the whole *.ph.cox.net subdomain, causing me
problems until the ban removed.  During that period, I was confined to
reading and posting using the gmane web interface (which wasn't blocked)
myself, so I know how frustrating it can be to try to work from a web
interface.

Anyway, you may want to try gmane yourself.  http://gmane.org for more
info.