pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: download multiple binaries

From: riccardo ferraro
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: download multiple binaries
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 09:41:35 +0100

On Saturday 05 February 2005 09:52 pm, Duncan wrote:
> riccardo ferraro posted <address@hidden>
> > I have 0.14.2.91 on mandrake 10.1 and also on Fedora Core 3.
> > I'm looking for help for a problem I can't solve.
> > I can download single binary files (those with the green
> > little icon), but I cannot download multiple files (those
> > with the little RED icon). I tried to click on the name
> > of the "father" file, also tried on each file. I tried
> > "flag"+"download flagged", "download","save attachment"....
> > none of the commands work. It says "downloading..."
> > but then I cannot find the files anywhere in the computer.
>
> I believe you've misinterpreted the icons.  The green one is a complete
> puzzle piece, not indicating that it's a single-part post, but that all
> parts are there, single or multipart.  The red one is an incomplete puzzle
> piece, indicating some parts of the multipart it belongs to are missing.
>
> If you want to save the parts of a multipart that are available even if
> it's incomplete, or if it's really a single part but PAN misinterpreted
> the subject line and decided it was a multipart, try the manual
> decode/save feature, altho this will usually require either that the first
> part is there, or that it's really a single part that PAN misparsed the
> subject line on.
>
> IOW, if it's really [02/10], a manual decode/save isn't likely to be able
> to do much, which is likely what you are seeing.

I've tried the manual/decode/save, but it saves only the first file, i.e.
the first part of the multipart message. After the operation is completed,
a little icon resembling a disk appear near the names of ALL files which
are part of the multipart,  as if I should have all files saved on my hd.
The point is that only tha first file is present, and the other parts are
missing.