pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Several features request

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Several features request
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 03:36:11 -0700

Julien DUCARNE posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:07:40 +0100:

> - Maybe the server list could be placed in the newsgroup panel, above or
> below the "search" feature : a quicker way to switch servers than the
> current.

This one's easy currently.  Simply remap a hotkey to each server.  Here,
I use Shift-F#, with F# being F1-F4 for my four servers.

Note that the way the hotkey mapping works, since the server labels are
assigned by the user, there's no way to map hotkeys to each server by
default, because the name of the server isn't known until it is set up.
Thus, the only way it can work is if you assign hotkeys yourself, which
I've done here, and I'd certainly recommend others do, if they regularly
use multiple servers.

(Normally, assigning a hotkey is as simple as hovering the mouse above the
menu item you want to assign the key to, and hitting the desired combo.
Exceptions are "special" keys like delete (which deletes the currently
assigned combo) and the menu accelerator letters, because the menu grabs
them before the key assigner gets to see them.)

Benjamin Franklin