pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: has development of pan stopped since januari 2004?

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: has development of pan stopped since januari 2004?
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 17:29:15 -0500

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 02:18:12 -0700, Duncan wrote:

> As for other newsreaders...  Nothing matches the exact PAN feature set.
> Depending on what you want, KDE's KNode is a decent graphical newsreader,
> but doesn't do yEnc, .... <snip>

> Good luck in your search.  Unfortunately, newsreader choices are a bit
> limited on Linux at present.

I had a crack at KNode, and found it alien, perhaps only because I've been
using Pan so long. (I went straight to it from FreeAgent when I freed
myself from MegaScat.) Is there some sort of an introduction to it that
someone here (who, like me, will prefer to stick to Pan as long as
possible, but sees some value in having a second string) can recommend?

--
Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!