pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: Spam-filter

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: Spam-filter
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:05:07 -0400

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 04:24:09 -0700, Duncan wrote:
                    (snippage)
>> That's right.  It works when I add this entry to the scorefile:
>>
>> %BOS
>>
>> [^gmane\.]
>> Score: =-9999
>> %Expires:
>> %EOS
                     (snippage)
> Cool!  Just (manually) added to my score file!
>
> BTW, anything that begins with a % is a comment and can be safely deleted.
> The BOS, dates, additional headers from the post, expires if it doesn't,
> and EOS, are extraneous data that I tend to delete from mine, to keep my
> score file at a reasonable size.  One may wish to keep the date added in
> there for stuff that expires, but there's little reason to keep the other
> stuff, or at least I find the file /much/ easier to parse, myself, without
> it.

Errr... Duhhh.... Very very dumb question : can someone explain to the
subtechnoid, or post a URL that does, just how to do this? Like for
starters, can you do it as user inside Pan while running, or do you need
to go to a command line as root and find some file deep inside other
files, or ....??

I suppose we can hope for it to be coded in, if/when Pan's development
resumes; but I'd rather not wait ...

--
Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!