pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: Fit image to Window

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: Fit image to Window
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:26:09 -0500

On 10/19 03:17 , Duncan wrote:
> That's what KDE does with most of their stuff.  Ctrl-M hides the menubar,

gotcha. I don't really use KDE. FVWM when I want to get work done,
Enlightenment just out of habit, and about a dozen different ones on my
laptop for the sake of demonstration and trying new things out.

It's all just for the sake of managing terminal windows anyway, so I really
don't care much about the window manager, as long as the button layout is
sane. (win32 button layout is not, OSX is not, OS9 is not, win3.1 is. YMMV).

> Well, customized keybindings definitely helps, but you are correct,
> remembering all of them is difficult, even for those (such as myself) that
> often spend hours a day in PAN.

I liveeatsleepbreathe vi, xterm, ssh, and a few other command-line tools.
Using those is automatic to me; everything else requires some thought.
Everyone is different.

--
Carl Soderstrom

Do You Want "Tax and Spend" Kerry or "Borrow and Spend" Bush?
Vote Badnarik for President - The Only Real Choice
for Smaller Government  www.Badnarik.org
Vote Libertarian - Restore the American Dream