pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Groups w/huge header count won't load?

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Groups w/huge header count won't load?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:04:21 -0500

On Jul 26, 2004, at 6:43 PM, Keith MacDonald wrote:

It sounds like the problem is deeply systemic, architecturally
speaking, and will take a fair bit of development resources to
address.  No biggie, it'll get dealt with eventually (sadly, for
me, I'll probably end-up reinstalling Windows for the interim, at
least as a dual boot).

It would be an interesting data point to know what CPU you are using and how much physical RAM you have.

Noted BNR2 in the back of my mind as an alternative for large newsgroups. Looked into it a bit and appears to be available only in binary form, but for Linux and Windows. http://www.bnr2.org/

I don't doubt for a moment that the Linux binary will install and run on FreeBSD but its usually easier to extract source and compile than to extract and install Linux binaries from a .lnw shell script. Source is posted for BNR1.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden