pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Sending Attachments

From: John Aldrich
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Sending Attachments
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:00:48 -0400

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 11:49 am, Donald D Henson wrote:
[snip]
> > You don't. Pan does not, as yet, have the ability to post binaries. The
> > only way to do that is to manually encode it and insert the resulting
> > text file into a message in Pan. There are other apps specifically
> > designed for posting binaries which can also be used until Pan gets
> > binary posting ability at some point in the future (I think it may be
> > indicated where Charles intends to include binary posting ability on the
> > "Roadmap" on http://pan.rebelbase.com) John
>
> Thanks for the response although I'm a little disappointed in the
> answer. However, there are fairly simple workarounds for my use of PAN
> and it is, after all, version 0.14 and it already works better than some
> apps I've tried at version 2+. I've only been using PAN for a few days.
> Once I get a bit more familiar with it, I may have a go at submitting
> some bugs/enhancements. I assume there's a PAN bugzilla somewhere?

Yes... I think you'll find instructions for submitting bugs on
http://pan.rebelbase.com. :-) Also, as Charles is fond of saying "patches are
welcome." You should, I think, post the patch to Bugzilla and post a note
here with the bugzilla report number and that you've submitted a patch. :-)
At least I *think* that's how it works. Don't quote me, as I'm not a member
of the devel team or anything... :-)
        John