pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Attachments - RESOLVED

From: Tim Kynerd
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Attachments - RESOLVED
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:51:26 +0200

Donald D Henson wrote:
On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 11:29, Tim Kynerd wrote:

Donald D Henson wrote:

How do I read an attachment on an incoming post? I see where you go to
"save attachment" and the attachment actually gets saved there. But when
I go to open the attachment, the mime type is not recognized. Am I
missing something?

Don Henson

What environment are you working in (i.e., what operating system)?

How are you trying to open the attachment? Are you trying to open it from within Pan, or using some other command outside Pan?

I'm running PAN under SuSE Linux 9.1. However, the problem has been
resolved. Turns out that the file being sent to me, supposedly an MS
Word .doc file, was in fact a .dat file. As I recall from my MS Windows
days, that's probably a shortcut to the actual file. Once I got the
sender to attach the correct file, everything worked. Thanks for the
fast response, though.

Don Henson

No problem, glad you got it worked out.

I'm also running Pan under SuSE Linux 9.1. Great, ain't it? ;-)

--
Sunrise in Stockholm today:  3:36
Sunset in Stockholm today:  22:02