pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: VDQ : scoring

From: Lenny Nero
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: VDQ : scoring
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 19:43:46 +0100

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:22:56 -0400, from under the noise of black
helicopters Bear Tooth said...

> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:30:48 +0100, Lenny Nero wrote:
>

>> If you use a search engine to find info on the SLRN score file (I think
>> Pan uses that type) and 'simple regex' it will help you out no end.
>>
>> I fine the score file yet another great part of Pan.
>
> I typed "SLRN score file" and "simple regex" into dogpile. It got this
> thread, something way over my hear about perl, and s few things related to
> schooling children.
>
> Google with the same entry got only this thread. It suggested deleting the
> quotes; I did, and also the word 'and'; it showed me 32 of "about 55"
> hits, of which some few were pretty likely irrelevant, and the rest way
> over my head.
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or are you overestimating my knowledge of
> linux by orders of magnitude?

Here are some links, after getting to grips with regex (or
regular expression you might have been better off if I had said this) for
the score file I knew I had been missing out...

http://www.regular-expressions.info/
http://amip.tools-for.net/docs/pcre.html
http://sunland.gsfc.nasa.gov/info/regex/Top.html
http://www.cacas.org/java/gnu/regexp/reapplet.html