pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Is the background color configurable?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Is the background color configurable?
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 01:39:04 -0700

Dan Hopper posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,
on Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:29:02 -0600:

> Perhaps a foolish question, but how does one configure these
> settings if one doesn't run Gnome or KDE?  I don't even think I have
> enough Debian packages installed to run KDE or Gnome as a full
> desktop.  Is the "Gnome-2.x theme configuration" a seperate control
> applet I might call directly?

You can try jef's suggestion, or try your hand at editing the config files
manually.  Of course, having a few themes around to study is a good idea,
as I've not found any good documentation on doing it manually.  Again,
that's one of the reasons I prefer KDE, as it has a nice applet that
allows one to point and click to choose a color for the various interface
elements individually.  GTK/Gnome doesn't, and I've yet to find a theme I
like 100% as is.  I have been, however, able to edit by trial and error
something decently close, until I got what I wanted.  What a bunch of
hoops to force a user to go thru!

Benjamin Franklin