pan-users

[Pan-users] Major Pan Trouble

From: Paul Trevethan
Subject: [Pan-users] Major Pan Trouble
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:22:29 +1100

Please could someone help me.?

I am trying to run Pan v0.14.2-0 under
Suse9.0/XFce4 and I have a major major problem. Every time I exit the
program (which works fine while I am in it) it REBOOTS my machine with a
warm boot!!

I originally ran the Suse supplied version under KDE and it worked ok so
I will remove this one and go back in due course, but, I would really like
to figure out what's going on here?! It loads and works just fine, but
every exit (by mouse or keystroke) reboots the machine.

I tried re-installing this version, including relevant gnet and
gnet-devel; same result. I tried running it from a terminal window and
it gives some error message about file acache.c line 949 failed (twice)
but still loads.

I don't really have a clue where to start to find what's wrong here.
Perhaps a corrupt rpm?

If it just crashed I could be patient, but rebooting - I don't want to
even try experimenting. I really like Pan and this is a serious worry to
someone of limited experience. Any guidance appreciated.

Paul.