pan-users

[Pan-users] new users question about scoring

From: C. M. Keel
Subject: [Pan-users] new users question about scoring
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 21:17:48 -0500

I am new to the list and as such I would like to say hi:) Now, I am also new to
Pan (and love it, for the record :) and have a question concerning scoring. If
I set up a scoring criteria based upon subject, what is the acceptable format?
Can I do something like this: `religion, philosophy, culture' if I would like
to have any article with any one of those words, or combination thereof, in the
subject to score higher than others? Or, must I set each word up individually?
Is this even the proper format altogether? I looked at the website and see that
the documentation is in progress and the eg. when first using the score utility
is rather limited.

Thanks ahead of time for any responses!

Chris Keel