pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] SPA

From: Brian D. Ropers-Huilman
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] SPA
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 00:26:58 -0600

From what I have learned? No.

As I mentioned, the code is there, but it is never called. Furthermore, when I changed the code and forced an nntp_spa_authorization() call instead of a simple nntp_authorization(), I was still unable to connect, though I did receive specific SPA errors from the SPA routines.

My belief is that the SPA code Marc pulled out of Samba almost five years ago is not able to handle new nuances in Microsoft's authentication scheme. Perhaps taking the code out of the recently released Samba v3 code would be better.

I've just been promoted at work, am halfway through my MBA evening school program, and am preparing for our second child to be born. I simply do not have time to try this (updating Pan's SPA code from the new Samba v3) myself, but I would /GREATLY/ appreciate someone else taking this one.

Donald Henson wrote:
Is there a way to set up Secure Password Authentication, ala MS Outlook Express, in Pan? Pan does everthing I need except that.

Don Henson