pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.14.2.90 "A Bouquet of Corpses"

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.14.2.90 "A Bouquet of Corpses"
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:17:45 -0700

Charles Kerr posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:04:47 -0800:

> Hmm, it's well past time for a new Pan beta.
>
> Nov 28, 2003 - New Release:
>
> 0.14.2.90 - "A Bouquet of Corpses"
>
> http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/releases/0.14.2.90/
>

>                                    New Features
>

> +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>
>   | #119518 | Torstein Sunde | Added "Manual Decode" button for decoding
>   |         |                | arbitrary sets of articles.
>
> |---------+----------------+-------------------------------------------------|

For those who don't follow this list thru gmane using PAN as I do..
consider what all those leading special characters creating the boxes do
to PAN's quote marking code!  <g>  I get multi-colored boxes, with purple
and green and red as well as standdard white lines, where PAN mistakes the
various box drawing characters as various levels of indent!

Very pretty!

I just thought a few folks would find that interesting, and wonder of
Charles himself ever thought about the effect when displayed in his own
application.  <g>

BTW, what a visually descriptive version string this time!  A bit strong
for my tastes, but I don't go to horror flicks either..  I'll have to look
up the reference as I haven't yet, if I can stomach it.  <g>

Benjamin Franklin