pan-users

[Pan-users] HELP: corrupt headers in 0.14.x

From: Nelson Mok
Subject: [Pan-users] HELP: corrupt headers in 0.14.x
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 01:22:10 -0500

UPDATE: I've added Supernews as a secondary news server and these problems still exist for me. Can someone please help?!

My news provider is Earthlink and things have been fine for a while until recently when I've picked up on newsgroups again. pan 0.14.1 ran fine for me so I upgraded to 0.14.2 when I became aware of it. With 0.14.2, I get a whole bunch of lines in the Status Log saying the following: (Null) - file article.c: line 1092 (article_is_valid): assertion `*a->message_id.str =='<" failed

These messages are then followed by:
Pan skipped xxxx corrupt headers from the local cache for group "alt.binaries.multimedia.alias".
You may want to empty this group and download fresh headers.

I've done as mentioned, cleared the cache and re-downloaded the headers but same thing. I went back to 0.14.1 and got the same error messages, so I cleared and re-downloaded the headers and everything's fine until I close pan and go back to that same newsgroup. Upon re-entering, I get the same messages about corrupt headers, even for headers I downloaded before.

If I clear and re-download the headers in 0.14.1, everything's fine until I exit pan and load the same newsgroup again. With 0.14.2, I get the errors no matter what I do. Can someone please help?!