pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Weird posting behavior in 0.14.2

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Weird posting behavior in 0.14.2
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:56:27 -0400

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:03:20 -0400, Meat wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:52:43 -0400, you wrote:
>

>>      When I type a post -- either a new one or a followup afaik  -- Pan tends
>>      o swallow a letter or two -- like this -- and then put it in front of my
>>cursor, so that it keeps getting pushed further to the right, while my
>>next line begins with a word missing its beginning. t
>
> Might involve your font rendering engine and or gtk2. What's your
> operating system?

        It's doing it under RH9. It never did under RH7, nor under RH8 -- which
        till have, on the other hard drive, and can boot to to test, if anyone
        tinks that might help. Fwiw, this time I'm not correcting at all; so
        th letters after this sentence have come one from each left end of a
        lne -- in reverse order, each in front of the one carried over before
it.
        iehs

        Note that s was the first letter of its word, h the second of its, e the
        hird, and i the second (not the fourth) -- in case by any faint chance
        tat suggests anything to anybody ... ht