pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: top posting

From: Lenroc
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: top posting
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:26:43 -0700

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:09:00 -0400, brett holcomb wrote:

> Yes, but we should be able to disable it.

And you can.

> I'm one who does top post for a lot of valid reasons and not just
> "it's poor style as someone decided eons ago".

Please elaborate. What "valid reasons" do you have to go against all of
humanity? ;)

> I've  looked at the arguments on both sides and prefer top
> posting for lots of good reasons.

I've yet to see a good reason for top posting, anywhere, ever.

> Wouldn't it be reasonable for us to have an option to turn it off
> instead of enforcing the style on everyone.

A few things to consider:

1. Pan doesn't prevent you from top posting, it merely warns you about it.

2. You can disable the warning, though it's not a simple GUI checkbox...
(Nor should it be, since things like top posting should be discouraged as
much as possible.)

--
Lenroc