pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Filters

From: Torstein Sunde
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Filters
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:17:44 +0200

JC wrote:

>    Can anybody confirm or deny it the filtering
> utility in Pan works at all? [...]
> [...]
>    Has anybody out there been able to get it work
> consistently? I am talking about simple things, like
> automatically deleting, on download, all the headers
> of articles authored by a very specific individual.

Just to make sure we're using the right terms:  In Pan "filters" (or
"custom filters") don't delete or download anything. To do that, you
have to use a "rule", in conjunction with a filter.

I regularly use a few custom filters to display selected content, and
they work fine.  I use rules rather sporadically, but can't remember
having any particular issues.

If you use rules to download articles, have you made sure that you
have set the size of the disk cache sufficiently high?

Also, in the "Edit Filter" menu, did you remember to use the "Add New
Line to the Filter" button?