pan-users

[Pan-users] Filters

From: JC
Subject: [Pan-users] Filters
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:35:29 -0700 (PDT)

   Can anybody confirm or deny it the filtering
utility in Pan works at all? I am really losing it
with this - I have been using Pan for a long time now,
and can't remember a single instance when this
facility has unambiguously done its job.

   I guess that's what makes it so infuriating:
sometimes it behaves as expected, sometimes it
doesn't.

   Has anybody out there been able to get it work
consistently? I am talking about simple things, like
automatically deleting, on download, all the headers
of articles authored by a very specific individual.
Does this work? If so, how can I configure Pan so that
this is guaranteed to work all the time?

   Quite frankly, if this issue is not clarified soon
I'll be dropping Pan altogether; I am fed up with
this, and the aggravation associated with it does not
compensate for Pan's other virtues.

   How come that the problem persists, version after
version of Pan? Or might I be doing something
thoroughly stupid? If so, where can one get
documentation on this? Is the manual ever going to be
written?

   Sorry about the outburst; I just find this VERY
frustrating.