pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Question about scoring and watched threads

From: Wolf J. Flywheel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Question about scoring and watched threads
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:59:48 -0400

On Sunday 21 September 2003 21:48, cav wrote:

> I'm not sure what the plans are for the score file (I haven't been
> paying much attention to the mailing list lately) and what is going to
> happen with the rules in the long term?  But it seems the "watch

        I believe the plan is to implement slrn's scoring capabilities; I
*assume* this means *all* of them.  Slrn's scoring FAQ is here:

http://slrn.sourceforge.net/manual/slrn-FAQ-4.html

> But I do like the filter interface as it stands, and I'll be dammed if
> I can't find any thing explaining what the syntax should be in the
> score file (for instance, can I set up something to score based on if
> it matches my filter criteria, same as rules did?) so if someone could
> point me in the right direction?)

        You'll find that the FAQ mentions that scoring is thoroughly explained
in
"score.txt".  I don't have slrn installed, but I found the file online:

http://www.polarhome.com:793/manual/slrn-0.9.7.4/score.txt

        Between that and the FAQ, you (and I!) should be able to do some pretty
good scoring!  Now, I haven't done *any* testing to see how much of
slrn's scoring Pan actually implements, but it sounds like you probably
will soon.  ;)

> So, should I just shut my trap and wait for the next version?  Or
> should I submit this as a bug/wishlist item?  Or is there some hidden
> menu item I'm too dense to find?

        Why don't you check in Bugzilla and see if there are any requests for
scoring documentation?  If not, go ahead and add one... I think it would
be nice if the Help menu would display a file such as "score.txt", or a
link to docs online, or something.  Of course, none of the rest of Pan is
documented yet, either, except (apparently) in the source code.  I
haven't been bored enough, yet, to read Pan's source... maybe in a few
weeks when I finish "The Illustrated Works of Mark Twain".  ;)

Good luck,

--
// Carl Hudkins :: Jabber address@hidden :: PGP 50238D9E
//