pan-users

[Pan-users] Task manager: anything in the works?

From: Alberto BARSELLA
Subject: [Pan-users] Task manager: anything in the works?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:24:04 +0200

Hi all,
        I'd like to know what are the future plans for the task
manager.  Is there any active developement on that particular part of
pan?  The functionality I'd like is par/par2 file parsing with
adding of volumes, checking, download of repair volumes if needed,
repair of blocks and uncompression.
If that part is relatively stable, in the coming months I may have the
time to work on it, a bit hack'n'slashing in the beginning (relying on
external command-line par utilities), eventually resulting in a built-in
par2 functionality (which will require some serious work, as par2cmdline
design is not library-oriented).
What is the status?  What is the "normal" way of work?  I keep an
up-to-date CVS and submit patches to one of the developers?

Bye,
Alberto
--
Alberto BARSELLA
** Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.