pan-users

[Pan-users] [wishlist] all subscribed groups view

From: ar
Subject: [Pan-users] [wishlist] all subscribed groups view
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:37:53 -0400

All news client I've used including pan, are server centric, ie organize
groups under servers which is of course natural since it corresponds to
the implementation.

Server-centric is best at group maintainance time but it might be nice
when just downloading and reading not have to be aware of the underlying
server.

Eg, I have subscribed groups in half a dozen servers. I would like to work
with a list of my subscribed groups across all servers and be able to run
'get new headers' or 'get new headers in subscribed groups', etc on that
list instead of having to switch between servers.

IOW a group-centric view.

So in pan I wish for a new category (alongside 'Subscribed' 'Folders',
etc) called, eg 'All subscribed'.