pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: can't save mac binaries

From: jef_e
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: can't save mac binaries
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:12:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Duncan wrote:
> (yEnc, MIME, etc) in the first place.  They aren't encoded in the Mac
> common but otherwise uncommon bin-hex, are they?  I don't believe PAN can
> automatically decode that.

        That's the reason exactly... PAN doesn't support bin-hex encoded
files. But as suggested, saving the raw article and decoding with a
different app should do the trick.

        I've always considered suggesting support for it, as it's a bit of
a drag to have to use a different newsreader if you want to have it
automated. However, since I'm not a coder, and appeal of this feature is
probably pretty limited, I've never felt comfortable doing so. The PAN
team works hard enough without us continuing to fill up the wishlist :)

        jef