pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature request: Password dialog

From: John Aldrich
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature request: Password dialog
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:12:04 -0400

On Friday 12 September 2003 04:44 am, Sven Neuhaus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to setup a newsserver in pan that requires authorization
> without having to save the password. I want pan to ask me for the password
> every time it is required (caching it for the lifetime of the pan process).
>
> I am using 0.14.2 and when I put the checkmark next to "server requires
> authorization", I *have* to enter both a username and password.
>
> Would you be willing to add this feature?

Sven:
I won't pretend to speak for Charles or any other programmer. I will however,
repeat an oft-used phrase here: "Patches are welcome". If you want this
feature badly enough, you have two options:
1) Convince Charles (or one of the other programmers) two add this feature
2) Write and submite a patch yourself.

I have a feature I'd *love* to have, and have submitted a feature request on
Bugzilla, but I know there's very little chance of it ever coming true, as
I'm not a programmer and Charles has marked it as "bluesky," meaning he might
get around to working on it SOMETIME, but don't  hold your breath.

If you want this feature, I strongly suggest you submit a feature request in
Bugzilla just like you would a bug report, only mark it as a feature request.

Good luck to both of us on getting our feature requests! :-) Frankly, to my
way of thinking, your request/suggestion has a better chance of coming true
than mine as it's more useful. But it's up to Charles. :-)