pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Unable to post to news groups

From: meaty
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Unable to post to news groups
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 11:30:18 -0400

Andy wrote:

Hello

I am experiencing difficulty posting to newsgroups. It doesn't seem to be specific to any newsgroup (problem experienced when posting to alt.os.linux and alt.os.slackware and alt.slack).

My Pan settings are as follows:

news server settings:
news.onetel.net.uk at port 119

mail server settings:
mail.onetel.net.uk at port 25

The problem is that I attempt to post and the program looks like it is trying to post but then times out or just doesn't do it, gives me an error log message and informs me that it will be sent later, which of course only repeats the problems.

Anybody here got ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
Andy

Any server error messages?