pan-users

[Pan-users] Filters Not Working

From: Vigil
Subject: [Pan-users] Filters Not Working
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 11:19:01 +0100 (BST)

I see some bug reports and fixes already for filter related stuff but I don't
know if this is one of them, a new bug, or if I'm doing something wrong.

I have the custom filter:

ALL OF: Subject matches regex ".*\s+\d{4}"

It is the only custom filter I have. It appears in the 'Filters' window and is
the only listed rule in the 'Rules' window. It shows a hit ratio of 0% and is
not catching articles that are subjected, eg '()()()()FREE PHONESEX -- girls
call this service free 50cents for guys 7098' or 'easy phone dating - meet any
girl you find on this dating/sex line 9570'. In the menu at the top of Pan, I
have selected only the 'Match Only New Articles' filter. In the Filter menu,
there is an entry for 'Spam' that is not enabled. When I enable it, ALL articles
disappear.

*Some* documentation would be nice (eg, why is Rot13 built into Pan? - I have
never seen anyone use it; how to use filters; what are scores for and how to use
them, etc).

pan-0.14.0.95

--

.