pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.14.0.90 - "Face-down once more on the greasy

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.14.0.90 - "Face-down once more on the greasy boardwalk of love"
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 04:38:17 -0700

On Wed 09 Jul 2003 16:24, Bobby D. Bryant posted as excerpted below:
> In 0.14.0 if you had a message selected in the header pane and clicked
> one of the column sort buttons to re-sort the headers, the selected
> message would still be in the visible part of the pane after the sort.
> This very useful behavior has disappeared in the new release.
>
> Not a deliberate change, I hope.

I've been lazy and haven't updated yet, but I can verify that the selected
message does NOT always stay in sight on 0.14.0, either.  Whatever happened,
it was apparently in one of the 0.13.9x pre-0.14.0 betas.  I've found the
behavior frustrating as well.

One work-around I've found is to just hit space until the next message comes
up.  PAN then re-centers the new message in the overview (aka header, even if
that's inaccurate) pane, and you can arrow or click back up to the earlier
one from there if necessary.  The centering behavior on space-reading still
works, thank-goodness!

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.
Benjamin Franklin