pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Indented first line of paragraph

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Indented first line of paragraph
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 13:38:14 -0700

On Sat 28 Jun 2003 11:09, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra posted as
excerpted below:
>       In Latin languages it is usual to indent the first line of a paragraph,
> like this very same one.
>
>       But in Pan, this makes the end of the very same line break into a second
> too short line.
>
>       Solutions?

Most electronic mail and news I'm aware of tends to use block style
paragraphs, as I do here, instead, skipping a line between paragraphs as
needed, rather than indenting.

In fact, indenting can be problematic in certain quote situations, etc, so I
prefer it when people do NOT indent.  A blank line between paragraphs is
sufficient and customary for most electronic forms of communication, IMO, and
PAN works fine with that.

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.
Benjamin Franklin