pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature Request: Ignored threads

From: John Aldrich
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature Request: Ignored threads
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 07:19:18 -0400

On Thursday 12 June 2003 05:23 pm, John Aldrich wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 June 2003 04:50 am, Lin Ford wrote:
> > I'm also no expert on filters but have you clicked on 'Any filter' and
> > under that add 'Article score is at least' low to filters than click on
> > 'Any filter' and Invert so the filter will read 'None of' and under will
> > have 'Article score of watched, high, medium, zero'.  You do not have to
> > modify the filters.xml or any other file this way, plus I also found it
> > worked better than inverting the 'Article score' bit.  My filter is set
> > up like this and has worked since about 13.94.
>
> Well, Lin.. I thought your suggestion was going to work. However, it turns
> out that the 'invert" was not "sticky" so that when I applied the rule, it
> marked everything BUT what was scored as -9999 as "read." This is NOT
> acceptable.... If Pan would make the "invert rule" sticky instead of
> resetting it each time, then this would work. Unfortunately, Pan appears to
> reset the "sticky" flag in the rules and it doesn't work. :-(

Ok. My above criticism stands, however I think I have it working now. What I
did was what you suggested, then I closed PAN, went to my command prompt and
hand-edited the rules.xml file to show ONLY "ignored". It *appears* to be
working now. I guess I get to go file a "bugzilla" report on the filters not
saving the "invert" setting from the GUI configuration util.
        John