pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Installing pan 0.14.0

From: Christophe Lambin
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Installing pan 0.14.0
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 02:11:14 +0200

John K. Herreshoff [07/06/03 19:49 -0400]:

> > That path includes /usr/local/lib/gnet/include, so the compiler should find
> > it. If it's not, it looks like a botched gnet installation. Run 'locate
> > gnetconfig.h' to find it.
>
> I found it in /usr/local/src/gnet-1.1.9/gnetconfig.h.  I edited gnet.h to
> point to that location.

Hmm, that would be your source tree, from where you installed gnet, right?
Running 'make install' from there should have copying it over to
/usr/local/lib/gnet/include. Editing gnet.h to point to the source tree is
not the cleanest way of fixing this: I'd recommend you check the output of
'make install' to see why it wasn't copied.

> Then it configured.  Make crashed with 'cannot find -lpspell'  I cannot
> locate
> it on this box either!  Thoughts?

Install the pspell-devel RPM. It should come with RH8.

Regards,
Christophe