pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Readability suggestion. Feature request.

From: Frank Van Damme
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Readability suggestion. Feature request.
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:47:54 +0200

On Tuesday 03 June 2003 13:49, DevilKin wrote:
> Personally I do feel that the idea has got it's merit, but that the more
> important features should come first: like attachment posting - virtual
> servers - PGP/Mime support - ...
>
> Jan

Virtual servers are good, but in the long run, I don't think it should be a
priority now. Attachments otoh, my full support.

Otoh, somehow the feature being discussed in this thread don't seem terribly
difficult to do in comparison to eg encryption support.

Personally, I'm in favout of doing things the Agent way (never used Agent
though but it looks good "on paper" ;) ). Or rather something like this:

author  topic
        author2
        author3
                author2
                author4 no d0rk!
        author4
author2 anothertopic

Alternatively, show the topic like

topic author
        author2
        author3
                author2
                no d0rk!        author4
        author4
anothertopic    author2

...but this might be too far away from the "simplicity, clarity,
eyefriendlyness" credo.

btw, is anyone really in favour of using colour codes for keeping threads
apart? like using red for "topic", blue for "no d0rk", and red for
"anothertopic" again... however if someone changed the topic in a thread, al
subsequent threads would exchange colour.

Probably coloring headers would be more a strain on the eyes then a useability
improvement...

--
Frank Van Damme    http://www.openstandaarden.be