pan-users

[Pan-users] disappearing articles?

From: Chris Petersen
Subject: [Pan-users] disappearing articles?
Date: 23 May 2003 18:24:24 -0700

I finally bought the bullet and subscribed to a pay-for usenet server,
and thus have the bandwidth to play in some of the binary groups.

In doing so, I've noticed that the article count gets weird sometimes -
I'll download a bunch of headers (say, 50k), but when all is done, only
41k will show up.  I've tried my best to turn off all filters/rules, so
nothing should be getting excluded - but I fear that it is.  Is this
just Pan correcting for some server stuff, it is it filtering stuff when
I tell it not to (since I've had plenty of times where I tell it to
filter stuff out and it doesn't)?

oh, using .14 in linux.

-Chris