pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] profiles

From: Frank Van Damme
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] profiles
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 10:44:45 +0200

On Friday 09 May 2003 10:01, Duncan wrote:
> On Thu 08 May 2003 15:10, Frank Van Damme posted as excerpted below:
> > can I bind a specific profile to a newsserver or a series of ng's (geek
> > sigs only for computer groups, local newsgroups with a real email adresse
> > instead of a junk email adresse)?
>
> IIRC, that was a feature some versions ago.  However, one thing Charles can
> NOT be accused of is letting little used features stay around as bloat (and
> I don't really blame him, as SOMEONE has to maintain the code, and that
> /someone/ is him), and it appears this was considered a "little used
> feature".  (Well, either that, or it got moved to a non-intuitive to me
> anyway, location, and I don't see it either.)

Yeah. Love the attitude towards bloat though. There is still a dialog
"profiles" under the "tools" menu, but I can't find a location where to use
it.

> I wasn't using it presently but had back with OE on MSWormOS in the past,
> and find that a rather handy feature to have.  Thus, I find the loss of it
> rather bewildering here as well, as it seems to /useful/ a feature to have,
> to just out and delete it.  Fortunately, Charles also isn't to proud to
> reverse course and put a feature he THOUGHT was little used, back in, when
> enough folks want it back, so hopefully, this can be reinstated.

I vote positive ;) but maybe this should be put in the light of the possible
future "group-basedness" of Pan?

--
Frank Van Damme    http://www.openstandaarden.be