pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] how do I start pan in gdb

From: Jim Reiss
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] how do I start pan in gdb
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:09:34 -0600 (MDT)

> I am running version 0.13.95 and I keep segfaulting. I tried running it in
> console and it the only message I got was seg fault. It mainly happens when
> I am downloading one thing and tell it to say go to another group.
All the messages seem to be going to the "status log" now.  There's a
button in the lower right corner for displaying it, and I assume the log
is actually stored on disk somewhere.

Something I have encountered with .95 is that apparently the article
database structure has changed slightly...I had .95 freeze up and then
tried going back to .94 and got a bunch of popup windows about invalid data
as I tried to get new headers.  All of my old article headers went away and
I had to re-download them.  I suggest purging the articles before doing much
with .95...it seems to work a little better since then.  Still crashes
frequently when going from one group to another, but I've been seeing
that in all of the betas in this series.  And really in all 0.13.x
versions, but it used to be less frequent.